Ms. Powers not only handles both civil and criminal appeals, but enjoys the challenges they present. She pays attention to detail, thinks “outside of the box,” and really cares about the final product.
Attorney Powers represents clients in the Michigan Court of Appeals, the Michigan Supreme Court, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. On June 1, 2010, Attorney Powers was admitted to practice in the United States Supreme Court in Washington D.C., after being sworn in by Chief Justice John Roberts.
The Following Appellate Services are Offered:
- Research and Drafting of Briefs on Appeal
- Motions in the Appellate Courts
- Applications for Leave to Appeal in the Appellate Courts
- Oral Argument
- Support Services for Trial Counsel
- Appellate Services Support for Counsel
- Research and Drafting of Motions & Briefs at Trial Court and Appellate Levels
- Petitions for Certiorari
- Marx v. Dep't of Commerce, 220 Mich. App. 66, 558 N.W.2d 460 (1996).
- Archambo v. Lawyer's Title Insurance Corp., 466 Mich. 402, 646 N.W.2d 179 (2002).
- Jackson v. Estate of Green, 484 Mich. 209, 771 N.W.2d 675 (2009).
- Charles A. Murray Trust v. Futrell, 303 Mich. App. 28, 840 N.W.2d 775 (2013).